Saturday 5 April 2008

must stop baking or at least stop eating it!!

Sometimes the urge to bake a cake or some cookies just hits me and I quickly throw one together for an afternoon snack (great except I probably eat my daily allowance of calories whilst doing so as my will power is non-existent when cake mixture is involved!!)
However these are the times I like the best! This is when I feel like a 'real' mum (just like my own mum infact) providing for my brood!! Sometimes we all bake together (which can be quite tense as more mixture goes over the table, floor and cupboards than in the cake cases!) but it's great to know that they are having fun whilst also learning skills that will be very useful to them in later life (tidying up though is not one of them!)
We're also creating memories that they'll (hopefully) cherish forever. I'll always remember my mum producing wonderful cakes and desserts. Every Sunday morning I can see her wearing her apron and spending hours in the kitchen turning out a wonderful roast dinner and a fab dessert!! hmnmmm This is how I would like my children to remember me - looking after them, caring for them and making the best apple crumble ever (I can hope!!)

No comments:

FACEBOOK

Mums Who Bake on Facebook

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage