Wednesday 2 April 2008

Yum Yum

What a good day!!

It's still the Easter Holidays so I'd invited over a friend of my daughters and her mum for lunch. They arrived just before lunch and the first thing they said as they walked through the door was 'wow, your house smells gorgeous!"

No big deal you may think but my house, home to 3 small children and one slightly bigger husband, is full of all manner of smells but not many can be described as gorgeous (other mums of boys will know what I'm talking about!!)

Today though I have been baking, scones and rock cakes to be precise, and my friend is right the house does smell good!

My friend a committed member of weightwatchers promptly plonked herself down in the kitchen and helped herself (to more than one I might add!!). The children weren't far behind and it wasn't long til I was wondering whether I should have made a double batch.

It's great to feel appreciated! So much of the day is taken up by small, but necessary, tasks which no-one notices ( I can't remember the last time anyone thanked me for washing their clothes) but here I am completely awash with compliments; "hmmmm" " yummy" " can I have another one?" - it feels good!!

No comments:

FACEBOOK

Mums Who Bake on Facebook

Subscribe Now: google

Add to Google Reader or Homepage